Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items:edwin astwood, josephine connolly, LONG BAY HIGH SCHOOL, salt cay Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 25 Jan 2016 – When the Member of Parliament for Salt Cay and At Large Member native to Salt Cay pointed out subpar treatment there, they revealed a number of situations unfair to residents on the tiny island. Hon Edwin Astwood said one teacher/principal at the government school is unacceptable. Astwood pointed out during House debate Monday that the school and its six students deserve the same treatment as Long Bay High, which is new with 200 students. Hon Josephine Connolly was vocal about the condition of the steps to board the ferry commuting between Grand Turk and Salt Cay. The Deputy House speaker said its dilapidated and has been for too long posing a dangerous inconvenience. Premier Hon Rufus responded with agreement and promise. A commitment from the Education Minister, he said to get another educator at the Mary Robinson school. The Premier expressed that the rebuild of the dock steps is long overdue and will be repaired soon. Change is on the horizon says PDM Leader Sharlene Cartwright Robinson Connolly claims Premier raising smokescreen Overgrown bush moved by MPs and TCEM Recommended for you
Aug 31 • iPhone XR vs. iPhone 8 Plus: Which iPhone should you buy? Apple That’s web-only, but apps will launch on desktop, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Roku, iOS and Android devices on April 8, it said.It’ll offer more than 1,000 classic and contemporary films from its library, nightly thematic programming, a Sunday Spotlight series, a Tuesday short film, its Adventures in Moviegoing (a guest-curated series that’s previously featured Barry Jenkins and Guillermo del Toro) and other features. 3 Time Warner Android Pie HBO Amazon AT&T Roku Apple Criterion’s only confirming a US and Canada launch initially, and said via email that it’ll keep us posted about plans for an international release.WarnerMedia, which comprises HBO, Turner and Warner Bros, became a subsidiary of AT&T after the phone company’s $85 billion megamerger with Time Warner last June.First published Jan. 31 at 4:49 a.m. PT.Updated Feb. 1 at 1:59 a.m. PT: Adds Criterion comment on international release. Stream these 2019 Oscar nominees now Now playing: Watch this: Sep 1 • iPhone 11, Apple Watch 5 and more: The final rumors 2:33 77 Photos See it Share your voice Mentioned Above Amazon Fire TV and Movies Internet Services Preview • Amazon introduces world’s first reasonable $50 tablet (hands-on) Amazon Fire Comments CNET may get a commission from retail offers. See All Aug 31 • Best places to sell your used electronics in 2019 News • Apple Music is now available on Amazon Fire TV You’ll be able to use The Criterion Channel on desktop, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Roku, iOS and Android devices in April. Criterion The Criterion Channel, Criterion’s streaming service for film lovers, will launch on April 8 in the US and Canada.You can sign up for a subscription now and it’ll set you back $11 a month (or $100 a year). It’s a little cheaper if you sign up before April 8, with Charter Subscribers paying $10 a month (or $90 a year).It’s the same pricing model we heard about back in November, when WarnerMedia announced the FilmStruck replacement.Charter Subscribers also get an exclusive movie of the week between sign-up and launch — the first being its newly released Criterion edition of 1976’s Mikey and Nicky. • 2019 movies to geek out over reading • Criterion streaming service launches April 8 in US, Canada Our first Movie of the Week is MIKEY AND NICKY! Charter Subscribers can watch our full edition of Elaine May’s 1976 masterpiece now alongside our special features! 📽️ pic.twitter.com/cJSSyQWTKA— Criterion Channel (@criterionchannl) January 30, 2019 Tags $35 Review • Amazon Fire review: Is this $50 tablet any good? We tell you why it is and isn’t. Aug 31 • Your phone screen is gross. Here’s how to clean it
HT Imam. File PhotoPrime minister’s adviser HT Imam has claimed that the arrest of Upazila Nirbahi Officer (UNO) for Barguna sadar upazila Gazi Tariq Salman over distortion of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman’s portrait has stunned prime minister Sheikh Hasina.The prime minister Sheikh Hasina’s political adviser made the claim in an interview with the BBC Bangla on Thursday night. The BBC Bangla has also come up with an article based on that interview in its online version.The BBC Bangla online quoted HT Imam as saying, “We all – all the officials at the Prime Minister’s Office – were astonished to see the arrest of the UNO. He who has filed the case [against the UNO] has done a very distasteful act.”According to HT Imam, he immediately showed the prime minister the picture of the arrest of the UNO and the prime minister became astonished by seeing the photo.HT Imam told the BBC Bangla that the prime minister has rather said the UNO has done a very good job by arranging the painting competition among the school children.“The portrait is in front of me. There has been no distortion in the portrait. The portrait rather deserves reward and this officer should be awarded,” prime minister was quoted as saying by Imam in BBC Bangla.Imam said prime minister Hasina condemned whatever is being done to the UNO centring the portrait.HT Imam held Barisal district’s deputy commissioner (DC) and assistant police super (ASP) responsible for the arrest of the UNO. “Maybe, we should take action against them,” he added.Ruling Bangladesh Awami League’s (AL) Barisal district religious affairs secretary and president of Barisal Lawyers’ Association Obaidullah Saju filed a Tk 5 crore deformation case last month against Tariq Salman after he printed the portrait of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, painted by a child, on an invitation card.The case was readily accepted and he was arrested.
Share ALEX SMITH / WIKIMEDIA COMMONSMore than two weeks after the death of Border Patrol Agent Rogelio Martinez, questions remain about how he and a fellow agent were seriously injured while on patrol around Van Horn in west Texas.After the incident, prominent politicians wasted no time weighing in, saying the officers had been attacked. Sen.Ted Cruz called it a “stark reminder of the ongoing threat that an unsecure border poses to the safety of our communities.” President Donald Trump tweeted “We will, and must, build the wall!”The investigation was quickly taken over by the FBI, which steps in whenever there’s a potential assault on a federal officer. Since then, they’ve released few details on the case.Because this is a sensitive story, few people are willing talk about it on tape. But I did catch Rush Carter, who is with the Big Bend Border Patrol sector, where Martinez worked.“The lack of answers makes it really tough…as we move forward and have to take care of our jobs and mourn the loss of Agent Martinez all at the same time,” Carter says.He says agents are eager to hear exactly what happened that night. They’re patrolling as usual, albeit…”with a little bit of sadness in our heart… We still are waiting on the FBI to fill in the blanks because everything else is gonna be speculation.”And here’s been a lot of speculation. Almost immediately after Martinez died, politicians started tweeting condolences, and stating he’d been attacked. Governor Abbott said the agent was murdered and offered a reward to help catch the killer. Cruz and Trump also said Martinez was killed. Trump tweeted “We will seek out and bring to justice those responsible.”Around the same time, I talked to Chris Cabrera with the border patrol union.“What we understand from our agents that responded is Agent Martinez and his partner were struck repeatedly in the head and face with a rock or rocks by either one or a number of individuals,” Cabrera says.Here’s the thing: None of this has been confirmed by the FBI…nothing beyond Martinez and his partner having head injuries.At a press conference a few days after the incident, FBI Agent Emerson Buie chose his words carefully.“We are investigating this matter as a potential assault on a federal officer. And we’re trying to gather the facts. And if the facts support that then we will pursue it legally. If they support that the incident was caused by something else, then we’ll present that,” Buie said.The FBI representatives wouldn’t talk on tape for this story. But they did tell me they’re continuing to follow up on all tips from the public.The surviving agent working with Martinez that night hasn’t been named. Reportedly, he’s suffering from memory loss.And officials are raising doubts about those early claims that this was an attack. The Culberson County sheriff was one of the first responders on the scene. He’s said the evidence doesn’t point to violence – and that Martinez might have fallen to his death.So why, more than two weeks later, are there still so few answers? According to Victor Manjarrez, it’s not totally unusual. Manjarrez is a retired border patrol chief, now with the Center for Law and Human Behavior at UT El Paso.“What makes it so difficult in cases of border patrol agents and in this particular case in Van Horn is they’re so remote areas,” Manjarrez says.Plus, there weren’t any witnesses. Manjarrez says it’s also possible the scene was disturbed as first responders rushed in to help.“You come in and your first mindset’s…where’s that agent or officer that’s down? How can I render assistance?” he says, rather than thinking about preserving evidence for a future investigation.But what is more unusual about Agent Martinez’s death are those immediate statements from top politicians. Alfredo Corchado is covering this story for the Dallas Morning News. Corchado’s been reporting on the border for decades and says he’s never seen anything like this.“Where there’s a real rush to judgment. I think what shocked me from day one, from the moment it happened, was sense of certainty that this had happened, this was the way it happened…without any real factual information,” Corchado says.And that could explain why the FBI is being so cautious.“How do you come back after you have the governor of Texas, Greg Abbott, you have the senator Ted Cruz, you have President Trump, you know, with such certainty that this is what happened. I mean how do you contradict them? And I think the best way, at least from what I’m told, is you have to be 120 percent accurate. I mean you have to get to the truth,” Corchado says.One other possibility Corchado has heard from sources is that Agent Martinez and his partner might have been sideswiped by a tractor trailer. It’s a theory more people are considering, especially since the FBI announced late last week that they’re expanding their investigation. The FBI is now running digital billboards in four border states, seeking out drivers who passed through the Van Horn area the night both agents were injured. FBI officials say could take weeks or even months before they can issue a full report.