EL CAJON (KUSI) — A man was shot to death Saturday in El Cajon.At 5:44 p.m. El Cajon Police Department received calls on shots fired on Emerald Avenue.Authorities found a Hispanic male with gunshot wounds at the scene, and were unable to resuscitate him.Emerald Ave will be closed between Chambers and Washington while ECPD finishes its investigation.No further information was available. Man shot and killed in El Cajon, police investigating Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter September 29, 2018 Posted: September 29, 2018 KUSI Newsroom KUSI Newsroom,
Aug 31 • iPhone XR vs. iPhone 8 Plus: Which iPhone should you buy? Apple That’s web-only, but apps will launch on desktop, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Roku, iOS and Android devices on April 8, it said.It’ll offer more than 1,000 classic and contemporary films from its library, nightly thematic programming, a Sunday Spotlight series, a Tuesday short film, its Adventures in Moviegoing (a guest-curated series that’s previously featured Barry Jenkins and Guillermo del Toro) and other features. 3 Time Warner Android Pie HBO Amazon AT&T Roku Apple Criterion’s only confirming a US and Canada launch initially, and said via email that it’ll keep us posted about plans for an international release.WarnerMedia, which comprises HBO, Turner and Warner Bros, became a subsidiary of AT&T after the phone company’s $85 billion megamerger with Time Warner last June.First published Jan. 31 at 4:49 a.m. PT.Updated Feb. 1 at 1:59 a.m. PT: Adds Criterion comment on international release. Stream these 2019 Oscar nominees now Now playing: Watch this: Sep 1 • iPhone 11, Apple Watch 5 and more: The final rumors 2:33 77 Photos See it Share your voice Mentioned Above Amazon Fire TV and Movies Internet Services Preview • Amazon introduces world’s first reasonable $50 tablet (hands-on) Amazon Fire Comments CNET may get a commission from retail offers. See All Aug 31 • Best places to sell your used electronics in 2019 News • Apple Music is now available on Amazon Fire TV You’ll be able to use The Criterion Channel on desktop, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Roku, iOS and Android devices in April. Criterion The Criterion Channel, Criterion’s streaming service for film lovers, will launch on April 8 in the US and Canada.You can sign up for a subscription now and it’ll set you back $11 a month (or $100 a year). It’s a little cheaper if you sign up before April 8, with Charter Subscribers paying $10 a month (or $90 a year).It’s the same pricing model we heard about back in November, when WarnerMedia announced the FilmStruck replacement.Charter Subscribers also get an exclusive movie of the week between sign-up and launch — the first being its newly released Criterion edition of 1976’s Mikey and Nicky. • 2019 movies to geek out over reading • Criterion streaming service launches April 8 in US, Canada Our first Movie of the Week is MIKEY AND NICKY! Charter Subscribers can watch our full edition of Elaine May’s 1976 masterpiece now alongside our special features! 📽️ pic.twitter.com/cJSSyQWTKA— Criterion Channel (@criterionchannl) January 30, 2019 Tags $35 Review • Amazon Fire review: Is this $50 tablet any good? We tell you why it is and isn’t. Aug 31 • Your phone screen is gross. Here’s how to clean it
Here’s What You Should Know Before Dipping Your Toes In The Online Dating Pool Close Earlier this week, Google suspended the Chinese developer – Do Global, which was reported to committing the Ad click fraud by automatically clicking on ads on behalf of users, according to BuzzFeed News. The Search giant removed nearly 50 apps of the developer, which were registered under Do Global and under some other generic names like “Pic Tools Group” and “Photo Artist Studio”. Now, renowned file managing app – ES File Explorer – seems to face the wrath of Google. The search giant has unlisted the ES File Explorer from the Play Store.ES File Explorer is a well-known and longest running file manager, though its popularity has declined as it passed from one developer to another. Recently, it is uploaded under the name of ‘ES Global’ on the Play Store, though the app is actually owned by ‘Du Global’. As LinkedIn confirms, Du is a subdivision of DO Global, which is caught in the Ad click fraud scandal.A few years back, ES File Explorer was listed among the best file manager apps for Android. But since it sold to the third party and stayed in news for bad causes – unwanted charging screen, an unwavering stream of ads, and an unsettling vulnerability allowing others to steal your files by being on the same network – many users switched to alternative apps like Solid Explorer or Files by Google. ES File Explorer removed from Play StoreES File ExplorerDO Global had round 100 apps on the Play Store and had a total of 600 million installs. Last year, in a similar course of action, 8 apps from Cheetah Mobile and its subsidiary Kika were removed by Google due to similar ad fraud. Google asked the developer to resubmit its apps with an improved version.QuickPic, one of these notorious apps owned by Cheetah Mobile, has now been listed on Play Store again. In a statement, the company said to Android Police that QuickPic was not removed due to click fraud. Same way, Google can ask DU Global to resubmit its apps and ES File Explorer might return with changes in future. Until then, if you are using ES File Explorer, then you should uninstall it and should wait for an improved version or use an alternate app. Google Play Protect system now scans over 50 billion apps on users’ devices each day to make sure apps installed on the device aren’t behaving in harmful waysGoogle Blog (screen-shot)Moreover, Do Global has also released its official statement regarding the recent scandal. The company has claimed to do an internal investigation and has apologized for irregularities in some of their products. IBTimes VideoRelated VideosMore videos Play VideoPauseMute0:01/2:09Loaded: 0%0:01Progress: 0%Stream TypeLIVE-2:08?Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedSubtitlessubtitles settings, opens subtitles settings dialogsubtitles off, selectedAudio Trackdefault, selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window. COPY LINKAD Loading …
Warren Buffett, founder of Berkshire Hathaway. (File picture)ReutersBillionaire investor Warren Buffett revealed his much-anticipated letter to Berkshire Hathaway shareholders on Saturday.Buffett’s letter to his company’s shareholders, an annual exercise undertaken for more than 50 years, is a closely watched event on Wall Street as investors parse the statement for insights and wisdom on the economy and financial markets.The entire letter can be found here.Here are some of the key highlights from the 16-page letter:In 2017, Berkshire saw its net worth grow $65.3 billion, boosting its per share book value by 23 percent. Of the total, only $36 billion came from Berkshire’s business operations while the remaining $29 billion was delivered when Congress rewrote the U.S. Tax Code. Buffett flagged risks associated with bonds. He said it is a terrible mistake for investors with long-term horizons – among them, pension funds, college endowments and savings-minded individuals – to measure their investment “risk” by their portfolio’s ratio of bonds to stocks. Often, high-grade bonds in an investment portfolio increase its risk. Buffett listed out fifteen common stock investments that at year-end had the largest market value. The stocks included, American Express, Apple Inc, Bank of America, The Bank of New York Mellon, BYD Co, Charter Communications, The Coca-Cola Co, Delta Airlines, General Motors, The Goldman Sachs Group, Moody’s Corp, Phillips, Southwest Airlines, U.S. Bancorp and Wells Fargo. Buffett said that the company’s search for new stand-alone businesses continues. The key qualities we seek are durable competitive strengths, able and high-grade management, good returns on the net tangible assets required to operate the business, opportunities for internal growth at attractive returns; and, finally, it should be available at a sensible purchase price. Buffett, 87, did not divulge much details on his successor. In January, he had narrowed down the list of people who could replace him to two veteran Berkshire executives, Greg Abel and Ajit Jain. “You and I are lucky to have Ajit and Greg working for us,” Buffett told shareholders at the end of the letter.
A female sub-inspector of Savar model police station was found hanging at her staff quarters room on Saturday night, reports UNB.The deceased is Tahmina Akhter.Officer-in-charge of the police station Mohsenul Kadir said other residents of the staff quarters spotted Tahmina hanging from a ceiling fan when they peeped through a window of the room getting no response from her after repeated calls.Later, they recovered the body breaking open the door, said the OC, adding that the reason behind the death was yet to be identified.The body was sent to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) for autopsy, the police official said.
A guardsman is reflected in a puddle as he sits on his horse while tourists photograph him, in London Photo : ReutersLondon police investigated more murders than their New York counterparts did over the last two months, statistics show, as the British capital’s mayor vowed to fight a “violent scourge” on the streets.There were 15 murders in London in February against 14 in New York, according to London’s Metropolitan Police Service and the New York Police Department. For March, 22 murders were investigated in London, with 21 reports in New York.In the latest bloodshed, a 17-year-old girl died on Monday after she was found with gunshot wounds in Tottenham, north London, a day after a man was fatally stabbed in south London.”The Mayor is deeply concerned by violent crime in the capital – every life lost to violent crime is a tragedy,” a spokeswoman for Mayor Sadiq Khan said in a statement on Tuesday.”Our city remains one of the safest in the world … but Sadiq wants it to be even safer and is working hard to bring an end to this violent scourge.”Including January’s figures, New York had still experienced more murders so far this year than London. The cities have a similar-sized population.Gun violence is much less of a problem in Britain, which has strict gun control laws, than in the United States, and most British police are not equipped with firearms.But British politicians and police are increasingly expressing concern about London’s rising murder rate, which is driven by a surge in knife crime. Of the 47 murders in London so far this year, 31 have been committed with knives.Britain’s interior ministry said it was consulting on new laws to further restrict dangerous weapons, including banning online stores from delivering knives to residential addresses and making it an offence to possess certain weapons in public.”This government is taking action to restrict access to offensive weapons as well as working to break the deadly cycle of violence and protect our children, families and communities,” a Home Office spokesman said.Khan, who has been in office since May 2016, is from the opposition Labour Party. Before him, Conservative Boris Johnson was mayor for eight years. The national government has been run by the Conservatives since 2010, with Prime Minister Theresa May previously serving as interior minister from 2010 to 2016.
Comedy icons Dick Gregory and Paul Mooney will perform at The Howard Theatre, 620 T St NW; on July 30th at 8 p.m. Doors are set to open at 6 p.m.For decades Dick Gregory, the multi-talented comedian, author, actor, recording artist, activist, philosopher, anti-drug crusader and nutritionist provided his insight on the Black predicament, in the U.S., as a front runner for the Civil Rights Movement in the 1960s and other social issues plaguing the country.When he entered the comedy arena in 1961, Gregory received his first major debut at Chicago’s Playboy Club. According to his biography on dickgregory.com, he was directly requested by Playboy Publisher Hugh Hefner.In1962, Gregory, according to his biography, became nationally recognized, sold out night clubs, made television appearances and recorded several comedic albums. He has also written books on the Black experience, including “Callus on My Soul,” “From the Back of the Bus,” “No More Lies” and others.Paul Mooney has also satirized the Black experience in the country.This actor, writer and activist has been part of the Black experience, writing comedy routines for Richard Pryor, starring in the Spike Lee film “Bamboozled” and writing copy for television shows including “Good Times,” “Sanford and Son,” “In Living Color” and “Chappelle’s Show.” He also wrote a book: “Black is the New White” and released his “Peace of My Mind” cd.The show, featuring the two comedians was produced by Jill Newman Productions.Tickets for the show are available at: bit.ly/1g9PSS5.