WILMINGTON, MA — Below is a message from the Wilmington High School Touchdown Club:The Wilmington High School Boys Football Teams are currently looking for corporate sponsorships for their upcoming 2019 Football Season. We are hoping that you will support the team with a donation and/or sponsorship.Your support for the team will publicize your business while showing your commitment to the young athletes in our community. We will include your business on our Team t-shirts, your company name and logo will be featured on our website and Facebook page and a sponsorship banner will be displayed at every home Football game. The monies raised will help to support the boys’ high school Football team by paying for expenses not covered by the athletic budget and continue to provide scholarships to our deserving football players. This last graduating senior class recipients received $2000 in scholarships. The Touchdown club provides items throughout the season for the players, such as HUDL program for filming of games, hitting blocks, football camps, and head sets for the football coaches.We hope you will consider participating in our effort to raise funds for the Wilmington High School Football Team. Any level of donation or sponsorship would be gratefully appreciated. In order to get your business advertisement published for our upcoming season, we will need to receive your sponsorship by August 9, 2019. (The sponsorship form can be found HERE.) The football preseason begins on August 16th. If you have any questions or would like additional information feel free to call Nancy Roberts, WHS Touchdown Club President at 978-317-0909. Thank you in advance for your consideration.Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… Related5 Things To Do In Wilmington On Friday, August 9, 2019In “5 Things To Do Today”1st Annual Cornhole Battle Of The WHS Football Alumni Set For September 21In “Community”Wilmington Band Parents Soliciting Business & Family Donors For 2019-2020 BannerIn “Community”
A US diplomat has been expelled from New Zealand after Washington refused to waive diplomatic immunity so police investigating a serious crime could question him, officials said.Details of the alleged crime have not been revealed but local media reported the diplomat left the South Pacific nation last week suffering a broken nose and black eye.Foreign Affairs Minister Murray McCully said he was “disappointed” at the US refusal to waive immunity and in response asked for the person’s withdrawal from New Zealand.”Officials in Wellington and our ambassador in Washington DC have clearly conveyed to the United States the expectation that foreign diplomats obey the law in New Zealand and are seen to face justice in New Zealand,” he said in a statement released to AFP Monday.Police said they were called to an incident in Lower Hutt, on Wellington’s outskirts, in the early hours of March 12, which “involved an individual from the US embassy in Wellington”.By the time they arrived the person had left the scene and no arrests were made.Attempts to further investigate hit a diplomatic brick wall.McCully said foreign affairs officials relayed a police request to waive immunity but their US counterparts refused.Local media named the diplomat as Colin White and said he left Wellington with his wife and children.TVNZ, which broke the story, reported that White was a technical attaché who had been working closely with New Zealand’s intelligence service, the GCSB.A spokeswoman for the US embassy said they were “communicating with New Zealand authorities” on the issue.”As a matter of policy, we do not comment on the specifics of matters under investigation,” she said in a statement.”We take seriously any suggestion that our staff have fallen short of the high standards of conduct expected of US government personnel.”McCully said the US had stated it always fully investigated all allegations involving its diplomatic staff.Diplomatic immunity, formalised in the 1961 Vienna Convention, means foreign envoys are protected from local law enforcement in the country to which they are posted.The most recent known case of it being invoked in New Zealand was in 2014, when Malaysian military attaché Mohammed Rizalman bin Ismail was accused of indecent assault.It was eventually revoked and Rizalman was sentenced to nine months’ home detention after being found guilty in a Wellington court.