PNP Convention Feb 19 Weekend; South Caicos woman announces at large interest Related Items:rufus ewing, turks and caicos aids foundation, World aids day Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Recommended for you Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 01 Dec 2014 – Turks and Caicos Aids Awareness Foundation, World Aids Day cocktail party fundraiser is being held at the Seven Stars resort; and though the patron of the event Hon Dr Rufus Ewing, the Premier of the country will not be here for the shindig; it takes place tonight. Support for $40 that will get you cocktails, hors d’oeuvres and yes, attendees are encourage to wear red! NEW CHAIRMAN, PNP keeps Ewing Coming budget proposes police recruitment and aerial surveillance, says Premier
Jury orders Rams to pay $12.5 million for Reggie Bush injury AP June 13, 2018 Posted: June 13, 2018 Categories: Local San Diego News, Trending FacebookTwitter Updated: 10:39 AM ST. LOUIS (AP) — A jury in St. Louis on Tuesday ordered the NFL’s Rams to pay former running back Reggie Bush $12.5 million for a severe knee injury he suffered in 2015, the team’s final season in St. Louis before moving to Los Angeles.The jury found the Rams 100 percent liable for Bush’s injury and ordered the team to pay $4.95 million in compensatory damages and $7.5 million in punitive damages, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported.Attorneys for the Rams said they plan to file a motion for a new trial.Bush was playing for the San Francisco 49ers when he was pushed out of bounds during a game on Nov. 1, 2015, at what was then the Edward Jones Dome, now known as the Dome at America’s Center. He slipped on a surface that the lawsuit dubbed the “concrete ring of death,” about 35 feet (11 meters) behind the 49ers’ bench.Bush suffered a season-ending left knee injury. The lawsuit contended the injury undermined his earnings as a player for the rest of his career. He signed with Buffalo in 2016 and retired in 2017. Now 33, he works as an analyst for the NFL Network.“Reggie lost his ability to do what he loved, and to bargain for a contract that he worked his entire life for,” Bush’s lawyer Tim Cronin said during closing statements. “These players get chewed up. They only have so many chances.”Bush also sued public agencies that own and operate the dome, but a judge dismissed them from the suit last week after ruling that the team had control of game-day operations.Just a week before Bush’s injury, Cleveland Browns quarterback Josh McCown slid across the same concrete stretch and injured his shoulder.The concrete surface in the dome was covered with rubber padding two weeks after Bush was injured.Rams attorney Dan Allmayer said the team should not be held responsible for Bush’s injury because it could not have foreseen a dangerous condition. He noted that no one besides McCown and Bush had been injured there over 20 seasons played at the dome.Allmayer said Bush’s injury was caused by “pre-existing issues,” not the fall on the concrete.NFL owners approved the request from Rams owner Stan Kroenke to move the team to Los Angeles in 2016 AP,
WILMINGTON, MA — Below is a message from the Wilmington High School Touchdown Club:The Wilmington High School Boys Football Teams are currently looking for corporate sponsorships for their upcoming 2019 Football Season. We are hoping that you will support the team with a donation and/or sponsorship.Your support for the team will publicize your business while showing your commitment to the young athletes in our community. We will include your business on our Team t-shirts, your company name and logo will be featured on our website and Facebook page and a sponsorship banner will be displayed at every home Football game. The monies raised will help to support the boys’ high school Football team by paying for expenses not covered by the athletic budget and continue to provide scholarships to our deserving football players. This last graduating senior class recipients received $2000 in scholarships. The Touchdown club provides items throughout the season for the players, such as HUDL program for filming of games, hitting blocks, football camps, and head sets for the football coaches.We hope you will consider participating in our effort to raise funds for the Wilmington High School Football Team. Any level of donation or sponsorship would be gratefully appreciated. In order to get your business advertisement published for our upcoming season, we will need to receive your sponsorship by August 9, 2019. (The sponsorship form can be found HERE.) The football preseason begins on August 16th. If you have any questions or would like additional information feel free to call Nancy Roberts, WHS Touchdown Club President at 978-317-0909. Thank you in advance for your consideration.Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… Related5 Things To Do In Wilmington On Friday, August 9, 2019In “5 Things To Do Today”1st Annual Cornhole Battle Of The WHS Football Alumni Set For September 21In “Community”Wilmington Band Parents Soliciting Business & Family Donors For 2019-2020 BannerIn “Community”
A female sub-inspector of Savar model police station was found hanging at her staff quarters room on Saturday night, reports UNB.The deceased is Tahmina Akhter.Officer-in-charge of the police station Mohsenul Kadir said other residents of the staff quarters spotted Tahmina hanging from a ceiling fan when they peeped through a window of the room getting no response from her after repeated calls.Later, they recovered the body breaking open the door, said the OC, adding that the reason behind the death was yet to be identified.The body was sent to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) for autopsy, the police official said.
A guardsman is reflected in a puddle as he sits on his horse while tourists photograph him, in London Photo : ReutersLondon police investigated more murders than their New York counterparts did over the last two months, statistics show, as the British capital’s mayor vowed to fight a “violent scourge” on the streets.There were 15 murders in London in February against 14 in New York, according to London’s Metropolitan Police Service and the New York Police Department. For March, 22 murders were investigated in London, with 21 reports in New York.In the latest bloodshed, a 17-year-old girl died on Monday after she was found with gunshot wounds in Tottenham, north London, a day after a man was fatally stabbed in south London.”The Mayor is deeply concerned by violent crime in the capital – every life lost to violent crime is a tragedy,” a spokeswoman for Mayor Sadiq Khan said in a statement on Tuesday.”Our city remains one of the safest in the world … but Sadiq wants it to be even safer and is working hard to bring an end to this violent scourge.”Including January’s figures, New York had still experienced more murders so far this year than London. The cities have a similar-sized population.Gun violence is much less of a problem in Britain, which has strict gun control laws, than in the United States, and most British police are not equipped with firearms.But British politicians and police are increasingly expressing concern about London’s rising murder rate, which is driven by a surge in knife crime. Of the 47 murders in London so far this year, 31 have been committed with knives.Britain’s interior ministry said it was consulting on new laws to further restrict dangerous weapons, including banning online stores from delivering knives to residential addresses and making it an offence to possess certain weapons in public.”This government is taking action to restrict access to offensive weapons as well as working to break the deadly cycle of violence and protect our children, families and communities,” a Home Office spokesman said.Khan, who has been in office since May 2016, is from the opposition Labour Party. Before him, Conservative Boris Johnson was mayor for eight years. The national government has been run by the Conservatives since 2010, with Prime Minister Theresa May previously serving as interior minister from 2010 to 2016.